Hi all,

I have nagged enough of my super sensitive skin problems in many of the previous posts.

Finding the right product for my skin is the most difficult task for me!

And C-T-M is something which can't be ignored. So when I got to know about this product from my fellow blogger Bhumika from Makeup and Smiles, I just couldn't resist myself from buying it.

I am talking about the newly much raved product in India- Tvakh 5% Vitamin C Glow Booster Exfoliating Water.

So I ordered this. Used this. Finished the first bottle. Ordered two more. And now half of the second bottle is finished.
WOW!!

Do I even need to write the review now?

But on a serious note. This is a blessing for my skin

Just see the ingredient list

  • Ascorbic acid– Chemical name of Vitamin C. It reduces skin pigmentation and acts as an antioxidant
  • Orange peel extract– Another source of Vitamin C. Also acts as an astringent
  • Aloe vera juice– Needs just no introduction πŸ˜€
  • Glycerine– Acts as humectant
  • Glycolic acid– Most used Alpha Hydroxy Acid. Used for gentle exfoliation. Reduces pigmentation.
  • Calendula flower extract– Acts as antimicrobial agent
  • Sulphur– It helps in fighting the bacteria causing acne.Sulfur kills bacteria and draws out oil, which in turn reduces buildup in pores. It's also has keratolytic effect which means because of which it makes the top layers of skin dry and peel off.
  • Tea tree leaf oil– It decreases the acne bacteria on the surface of your skin
  • D-Panthenol– It is the Pro Vitamin B5(Pantothenic acid). Acts as humectant and improves skin elasticity
  • Disodium EDTA– It primarily works as a preservative, chelator and stabilizer
  • Sodium Levulinate: Sodium salt of levulinic acid, acts as preservative and skin conditioner.
  • Potassium Sorbate:Potassium salt of sorbic acid, preservative (FDA approved).
  • Allantoin-It has soothing, healing and anti-irritant property on skin. It also promotes cell regeneration.
  • Salicylic acid– Most used Beta Hydroxy Acid. It is used to combat acne
  • Polysorbate 20-It is a surfactant and acts as emulsifier and fragrance. Derived from lauric acid.

Usage-

This has a water like consistency which is pale yellow in color and has a very mild smell of citrus fruits which I like πŸ™‚

I use this as a toner twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night. I take it in a cotton ball and use it across my face excluding the eye area. It stings a little at first but that is totally tolerable. However a patch test is definitely recommended to people using this kind of chemical exfoliator for the first time and a sunscreen is must if you are using it as a toner in the daytime.

My Experience and final verdict-

My skin did not feel this good since a loooong time before using this. This is my first experience with chemical exfoliation and I am quite happy with the result and (probably) won't go back to physical scrub ever.

It helps reducing the little acne scars I had and makes my skin super clean. Although it makes the skin a bit dry because of it's exfoliating property, so a moisturizer(and also a sunscreen,if you are going out) is a must

This is definitely my holy grail toner until I find something better and more suitable than this for my super sensitive skin.

You can buy their products directly from their website, or from Smytten and it retails for Rs.550 for 200ml product which I think is quite affordable

The only bad thing about this toner is its packaging. It has a very wide mouth which leads to wastage of the product and leakage too which makes it not at all travel friendly. I really wish Tvakh improves the packaging soon.

But I am totally in love with this toner and is definitely a must buy for everyone from my side πŸ™‚ Do let me know about your favourite toner in the comment section and show some love to my blog and other social handles πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚

Until next time, be yourself, be beYoutiful

Much love ❤

Sohini πŸ™‚